Moving can be very stressful. Saying goodbye to friends and neighbors is not easy. In addition to the emotional challenge you have to go through, you will also need to attend to other things. There is a lot of planning to do. First, you have to make sure that the disconnections of your utilities are arranged. You also have to see to it that everything is packed. Finally, it is important that you find a reliable moving company weeks before you move.
If you think finding a good moving company is easy, think again. The number of complaints against moving company fraud is not something that you can take for granted. If you do not want to deal with this type of problem, you have to take your time in finding the right moving company. To find a one, start doing it the old fashion way and step away from your computer, not that you cannot find decent movers online, just that most victims of fraud have found and transacted their moving company in the internet. Two men and a truck
You can follow these tips to find a good moving company:
1. The people you know may be able to recommend a company. You can ask someone who has recently moved in your neighborhood. You can ask him about the movers he hired. You can also ask friends and relatives especially those who have experienced moving. Ask them about their experience with their movers. If they are pleased, then they will surely recommend the company.
2. You can also check the yellow pages and start calling potential moving companies. Better yet, contact your real estate agent and ask for a recommendation. Surely, he knows a few trusted moving companies that you can work with. When you have the names of the company, do not transact with them right away, verify some information first. Check how long have they been in the business. Check their services as well.
3. Before considering the company, ask them if they have the resources to do the moving. Some companies will just outsource this service. If they do, then find another company. You want to work with someone who will take full responsibility of your goods.
4. When you have a short list of the possible moving companies you will work with, invite them to see the house to make an estimate. Schedule the visit and take note of their estimates. You will compare the rates afterwards. If they refuse to pay your home a visit, then crash them off your list. During their visit, take note of your observation. Assess their representative. Consider the company with a pleasing personnel.
5. Finally, acquire as many information as you can. Get their full company name and other names they are using. Ask for their office address and other contact information. You should also have their license numbers as well. Once you do, verify this with the secretary of state. The information they provide should match with the information in the state record.